Monday 9 March 2009

12 years on....R.I.P Biggie Smalls



You would never believe that it was 12 years ago that one of the G.O.A.Ts of Hip Hop was brutally gunned down and murdered in a drive-by shooting in LA. The Notorious B.I.G was an inspiration to many and a great lyricist. Under the wing of Puffy, he spawned out hits after hits and truly put Brooklyn on the map. His life was cut short at the age of 24 over some East Coast vs West Coast beef. His murder is still unsolved!

SocialWriters are BIG fans of Biggie, so it's only right that we pay tribute to his legacy. Here's some of our fave Biggie tracks:

RVB - Get Money
"The beat is emotional. I get goosebumps everytime I hear it and I know all the words!"

Karlito Starr - Big Poppa
"It was just smooth and laid back(like me).I liked the Isley Brothers' sample. The track reminds me of Yo! MTV Raps, the good ol' days!"

RAE - Sky's The Limit (ft 112)
"It's one of those inspirational songs that will stick with you for life. His precise worldplay and laid back flow are all the reasons why he is arguably the greatest rapper of all time. The hook of "just keep on pushing on" from 112 also does it for me."

KCB - Hypnotize
"The video of this song just makes me love the track even more!I remember being really young and just singing the chorus out loud all the time! And Puff's ad libs 'Take that...take that' just makes me laugh everytime I hear the track."

Let's take a moment back in time...."It was all a dream/I used to read Word Up Magazine..."



If you haven't already seen the biopic film,Notorious,what the hell are you waiting for?? Also buy the soundtrack!!

R.I.P Christopher Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin