Monday 9 March 2009

'FAME...I'm Gonna Live Forever'


The legacy of the 1980's film, Fame, starring Irene Cara and Debbie Allen looks set to 'live forever' as the film is being remade into a modern-day film.


Director Kevin Tancharoen knows that remaking an 'old-favourite' is hard to do.
"The first time I heard that Fame was being remade, I am guilty of saying: 'Really? I love that movie, why are they remaking that film?'"
"I can't be the guy that walks down the street and messed up a classic. So I'm making this movie as authentic as I possibly can."


As Tancharoen has some experience as a dancer and a choreographer, working with the likes of N*Sync and many others, much of the film's authenticity will come from his experience.

The updated film will be set in present time at the notorious New York City School of Performing Arts and has cast members such as former 3LW member and Notorious actress/singer, Naturi Naughton, who plays a main character called Denise, Kelsey Grammer and original cast member, Debbie Allen.

Another Save The Last Dance/Step Up movie, riding on the sucess of musicals such as High School Musical. Do you think this is a good idea??

Fame will be released in September.

Source: BBC
Image: filmbuffonline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin