Thursday 5 March 2009

NEW FLAVA / NEW KID ON THE BLOCK: AKS



UK STAND UP!!!

Now you know it's only right that we support our homegrown talent, and one of the newest acts to fly the Union Jack is 23 year old Deptford resident AKS.

AKS, (part of The Midas Touch Collective along with fellow rapper Phoenix and rapper/singer J. The Exodus), is said to be 'built on introspective reflections, memorable lyrics and an earnest and commanding tone'.

With his new mixtape, 'A Miracle In The Making', AKS exhibits his skills over beats covering a number of genres from Pop to Neo Soul which showcases his diversity and ability to appeal to an audience across the board.

Describing the process of making the mixtape AKS says,

“In a way I feel as though I blindfolded myself, felt around the scene and my own catalogue a little and picked out a couple oddly shaped objects thinking I could build something useful out of 'em. And I have.”

"'A miracle in the making' is me dipping my toe in the water knowing full well that be it cold or lukewarm I’m still gonna take a run up and dive in the pool.”

With production from Nutty P, Red Skull, Jesse P. and Chemo, AKS glides nicely through each track with a seasoned swagger and definitely holds his own on some of the hottest tracks around right now!


AKS’ forthcoming single “Swagger” drops in Summer 2009 followed by a winter release of his album Do Miracles Happen?.

We all need to start supporting our own UK artists! Let's stop saying it and DO IT!!




REAL TALK, YOU NEED THIS MIXTAPE IN YOUR LIFE!



AKS- 'A Miracle In The Making'- http://www.zshare.net/download/56475457de5acbb5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin