Wednesday 15 December 2010

NEWS: Teddy Riley Goes In On Will.i.am's Views On Michael Jackson's New Album 'Michael'



Teddy Riley spoke to our friends over at PunchBowl Blog recently and had some choice words to say about Will.i.am and his negative views on Michael Jackson's post-humous album 'Michael'.

"I think he should have kept it to himself, I’m sorry. Nothing against Will.I.Am, but it’s not his business. You know, if you got something to say that’s against my friend, you know, and upholding his legacy, then what happens when you die? Should we just stop your music? Let me say this; this album is greater than his best album. Michael’s worst day is better than peoples best day. Cause he’s such a perfectionist, so when you’ve got a person who’s such a perfectionist, when you got people like, um, Will.I.Am just throws his…you know, puts two things together, samples together and drop something and copy from so many different artists, you know what I’m saying. Michael’s been innovative, he’s not copied off of anyone. Will.I.Am has copied so many different things and he’s taken from so many different things. I’m a music guy, I know everything that he’s (had) every record that he’s made, every sample that he used. So that’s not being innovative, it’s a big difference. When you can speak, speak when you have the knowledge and the education about someone. Not when you, you know, cause you got a few hits out there, you got, right now, you’re the producer and you doing what you doing, but it will never compare."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin